Notices

Thread: Windows 7 Right Click Shortcuts On The Desktop Including God Mode

1. Windows 7 Right Click Shortcuts On The Desktop Including God Mode 
    In this brief tutorial I will show you how to add various right click context shortcuts to your desktop such as: Network Connections, Command Prompt, Open with Notepad, Task Manager, God Mode, Folder Options, Windows Apps Cascading and many more upon request.

Take a look at the screenshot of my desktop below and you can see the "Cascading Menu" for "System Shortcuts" as well as basically everything in the right click and in the second screenshot you can see the "System Tools" cascading menu which has "Control Panel" etc. I prefer to have my computer setup like this as it speeds up my daily tasks. I build my own custom Windows 7 that have this feature already incorporated upon first install but I realize that most people just utilize retail versions but might want to add these amazing features to their computers.

What you will need to do is a really basic function that will only take you a couple of minutes at most for each entry you would like to have in the right click context. First just create a new text (.txt) document and for the first one we will name it God Mode.
    Open up your Godmode.txt file and then copy and paste the following code into it:

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\GodMode]
    @="God Mode"
    "Icon"="control.exe"
    "Position"="Bottom"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\GodMode\command]
    @="explorer shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"
    Once you have pasted this code into it simply go to file and click save as, then go to the extension .txt and replace it with
    Code:
     .reg
    and save it. You will now have a reg file which is a registry script ready to be loaded into your registry. All you have to do now is double click the file Godmode.reg and you will have God Mode placed in the right click context menu of your desktop.

Please let me know if you guys want more scripts as I will post them upon request.

Nice, I used this too

nice Raven thx for the tip and the Scripts and all your work on the page .

Nice Skin, thanks for sharing!

My pleasure. If anyone wants more scripts i have a bunch of nice ones like cascading system tools menus or windows apps cascading menus.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

Cool stuff man.

Hi i'm new here so please forgive me if this seems dumb but when i try to do the above and double click on the file this is what i get Untitled.jpg any advice as to what i am doing wrong thanks